Sunday, May 27th, 2018

Consular Processing for Overseas Derivative T and U Nonimmigrant Status Family Members: Q&A

"USCIS provides immigration relief to victims of various
crimes—including domestic violence and human trafficking—by granting one
of two forms of relief: T nonimmigrant status and U nonimmigrant status. Principal victims granted T or U nonimmigrant status may additionally
apply or petition USCIS on behalf of overseas family members for
derivative T or U nonimmigrant status so that these family members can
join them in the United States.  Before family members of principal T or U visa holders can enter the
United States, they must first undergo processing